Remove VPP Apps

SOLVED
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Remove VPP Apps

Hey All, I have several Apps that we no longer use. Does anyone know of a way to remove them Off VPP list on Meraki ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

KevinMenzel
Conversationalist

I have a kludge, but it only applies to Apple School Manager:

In addition to the locations with VPP tokens I have associated with Meraki, I created a "trash bin" location in Apple School Manager. The trash bin location token isn't sync'd with anything, so whenever I want to get rid of an app from the MDM, I move the licenses to the "trash bin" and then they don't show up in Meraki anymore - even on the VPP page.

If you're not using Apple School Manager, probably the best you can do is delete the apps from the App page of Meraki, but if the VPP licenses still exist, they'll show up on the VPP page. If you want the apps gone for good... you could try calling Apple and have them remove the licenses from your account? Don't know if they'll do it though.

kudos

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So, if you read through the link that @PhilipDAth posted, the answer was in there, but slightly hidden

To remove an app from the VPP list in Systems Manager involves you going to either school.apple.com or business.apple.com (whichever is appropriate)

Click Apps and Books on the left hand side, then find the appropriate app,

Find your MDM server (there may be only one) and transfer the licenses either back to, in the case below, your ASM / ABM instance, or to another MDM server:

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 09.45.15.png

  

and

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 09.45.32.png

In the case above, Cisco Meraki + MDM Developer is the name of my ASM instance, and is NOT an MDM server. You can use this as a parking lot / dumping ground

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels