Recently unable to add new devices to SM

SOLVED
SKatMTA
Conversationalist

Recently unable to add new devices to SM

I have full org and network rights, but today when adding a new user to SM, I got:

"Read-only admins are not able to send enrollment links via e-mail or SMS."

I have several other devices and users already that were set up using this method.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SKatMTA
Conversationalist

Okay, It has reportedly been corrected and restored:

"I have just been notified that the fix for the EMAIL/SMS enrollment link not working has been pushed out and it should now be working as before." - Meraki

I haven't personally verified it yet because I already added the device I needed this feature for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SKatMTA
Conversationalist

Here's my case response in case anyone else is having the same problem:

"This is a known bug reported by other customers as well. I will attach this case to the list of cases for this issue. Our backend engineers are currently working on this fix and I will update you as soon as it becomes fixed."

In the meantime, I was able to download the agent executable (option B) and get that machine into Systems Manager using a thumb drive.  I found that this option to be much easier and quicker than the email link method.

Zilla
Getting noticed

I have a similar issue, but a different error.

When sending SMS i get an "Invalid" error.

I have a case open, but no real progress yet.

SKatMTA
Conversationalist

Okay, It has reportedly been corrected and restored:

"I have just been notified that the fix for the EMAIL/SMS enrollment link not working has been pushed out and it should now be working as before." - Meraki

I haven't personally verified it yet because I already added the device I needed this feature for.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels