Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read & Write Keyboard for IoS

SOLVED
Highlighted
Getting noticed

Read & Write Keyboard for IoS

Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to switch the keyboard on IoS through SM.  Specifically I am tying to get student ipads in our K - 12 District to default to the Read and Write keyboard.  Any help would be super appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: Read & Write Keyboard for IoS

@Jordanw  I have done a bit of searching and I cannot find any settings to specifiy a particular keyboard layout. Apple like to let users still have some control of a manager device.

For example you can set the requirement to have a passcode however you cannot actually specify the password that is to be used. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
5 REPLIES 5
Kind of a big deal

@Jordanw Usually user settings like that cannot be controlled on iOS devices using an MDM.

Getting noticed

That is very very heartbreaking

Kind of a big deal

@Jordanw  I have done a bit of searching and I cannot find any settings to specifiy a particular keyboard layout. Apple like to let users still have some control of a manager device.

For example you can set the requirement to have a passcode however you cannot actually specify the password that is to be used. 

Getting noticed

Which is kind of backwards in an enterprise environment?  If I had a time machine I would be abandoning all iOS devices for our district.  It's just too much.  Thanks for looking out.

Meraki Employee

Just to clarify, when you say "Read and Write keyboard" do you mean this:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/read-write-for-ipad/id934749270

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels