[Question] : Custom App MacOS

aws_architect
Building a reputation

[Question] : Custom App MacOS

Hello,

We did package a bash script with this :

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Installing_Custom_Apps_on_Windows_and_Mac_Devi...

It showing as success in the log but show as uninstall on Application. (Missing App 1 on all computer)

What is the "trick" to show as installed in application ? Knowing that it's a script ?

Thank you

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to include a telltale in the script, like a dummy app to be "installed" into /Applications. Otherwise SM does not know if the script has been installed or not. 

See here for documentation on this: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Deploying_Scripts_in_Systems_Manager_using_Sof...

MRCUR | CMNO #12
aws_architect
Building a reputation

Thank you very much for your answer .

I also have seen that in the doc .

But I think that if I do this it won’t be executed on regular basis like a startup script. It will be executed once only , correct ?

I didn’t try but i think the feature that I am looking for doesn’t exist , an CustomApp (script actually)  that doesn’t appear on the dashboard as missing or uninstall and that will be executed on regular basis 

I'm not a Mac person, but I'm sure the Mac will support either scheduled tasks or a startup script.

Why don't you install your script as a CustomApp, make it appear as an installed application, and install it as either a startup script for scheduled job, based on when or how frequently you want to run it.

It’s addind complexity and wouldnt be trigger by meraki ( push + trigger the execution )

actualy it works well but all Macs have one missing app

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Meraki SM alone will not accomplish what you are looking for. SM does not have the ability to schedule tasks like this or set up login/logout scripts. You could do what @PhilipDAth is suggesting by using cron to schedule the execution of the script at regular intervals however. This is unfortunately not nearly as simple as Task Scheduler in Windows. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels