Passcode Policy - Auto-Lock

Spartacs
Conversationalist

Passcode Policy - Auto-Lock

Hello,

We got a problem with the passcode policy. We want on all our ios devices a passcode policy with 6 digits. At one spezial device we also want this policy but we want this device never in the auto-lock. In meraki we can set this setting but it doesnt work. If a passcode policy is set, we can´t change this setting on the device manually. A photo is attached. The red marked setting doesn´t work. Does anybody got a solution for this problem?

Meraki_Passcode.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If its not working as you expect I would open a support case. 

Hi, I got the same problem with Ipad DEP (IOS 12.1.4) and passcode policy. The auto-lock parameter does not affect the device. It still lock after ~2 minutes. According to documentation I do following:

- ensure that the 'Allow modification of passcode settings (iOS 9+)' option is not selected in restrictions

- force to reinstall policy

- reboot device

Do you have any solutions to get it working?

Kind regards

Spartacs
Conversationalist

Hi Perene,

after i wrote my post i opened a support case. Here is their answer:

"This is expected behavior. The iPad will only allow you to configure auto-lock settings to the exact value as configured on SM or less.

This is Apple's way of avoiding confusing the user. If the user is allowed to set a higher value and the user chooses this higher value, he will get the impression that his configured setting will work, but it will not, as only the most restrictive settings between SM and what is configured locally will be applied. That is why Apple proactively disable higher value options.

If you want to have all options available locally on the device, set auto-lock to never on SM"

I realized that the only way you can change it, is to do it on the device manually. Otherwise you need to set auto-lock to never as they explained above.

Best regards

Perene
Comes here often

Hi Spartacs,

Thank's a lot for explainations.... I understand how it works now 😉

I don't know why, but on my Ipads the auto-lock parameter is not visible under Settings > Display & Brightness. I search in Meraki, but I don't find something hiding that. Any idea?

Regards

@Perene  You wont see any passcode options on the device if you have set Meraki to not allow users to modify passcode settings. 

I check with "Allow modification of passcode settings (iOS 9+)"  parameter in profile's restriction but still not visible. Is there other parameter to change or maybe it's a problem with DEP profile. I have configured it to skip passcode during enrollment. 

Best regards

Spartacs
Conversationalist

@PereneYou need to allow modification of passcode seetings. I don't have configured the skip during the enrollment. We configure it on the device after the enrollment and we have 60 minutes to configre a passcode. Maybe you can try this setting in your profile.

Best regards and i hope you can find a solution for this issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels