Mobil Device Management and AVG issues

TDS
New here

Mobil Device Management and AVG issues

I have used the heck out of MDM on Windows networks as a quick auditing tool - see what machines are one, disk space, etc, however my networks with AVG have all but stopped reporting in or allowing any access. I have set AVG to ignore the Meraki exe as well as the entire Folder but this does not seem to help. I do not use the AVG Firewall option so that is not the issue.

If anyone has some ideas I'd appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you unload/disable AVG temporary does it start working?

Is anything appearing in the AVG logs?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@TDS  Are you using the paid or free version of AVG?

ByronC
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi TDS,

Much like @PhilipDAth I recommend verifying if AVG is blocking the communication from the SM App. Disabling AVG would be a quick way of doing that. If it can be isolated to AVG blocking the traffic, you would need to follow up with AVG and see what recommendations they provide to allow communication. One common block is the firewall functionality of some antivirus solutions. If the communication is blocked due to firewall rules, you can check on your Meraki dashboard under Help -> Firewall Info for a list of needed IP subnets and ports used for System Manager communication.

If further assistance is required to narrow down the reason for failure, feel free to open a case with Meraki Support and they can have a look as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels