cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki enrollment failing through Apple Configurator 2

Comes here often

Meraki enrollment failing through Apple Configurator 2

Hi,

For the last week or so I am getting error when trying to install the management profile through AC2. This has worked for the last 2 years without an issue for me.

Receiving error: Profile Installation Failed: A Connection to the server could not be established. (MCInstallationErrorDomain - 0xFA1 (4001).

I have also received an error about the enrollment certificate being invalid.

These are older iPads (iPad 4th Generation) still on iOS 10.3.3 - working on replacing them and having the new ones on DEP but these are all I have for the meantime.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Comes here often

Re: Meraki enrollment failing through Apple Configurator 2

Hi,

I have the same problem with an Apple TV 4K, before it was working perfectly, I recently erase content due to Beta TvOS and now I am not able to enrol it again using Apple Configurator 2 !!

Kind of a big deal

Try re-adding in your MDM connection in configurator and see if this fixes the issue. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Comes here often

I'm using the profile to enroll, not the link you enter during the supervision process so there is no 'link' to enter...

Getting noticed

@Tom-B I ran into something similar recently.   After pushing the profile to the iPads and tapping Apply profile i would get an Invalid Profile error.

I had to disable AD authentication to complete an enrollment via AC2.  After the enrollment was completed, I then re-enabled AD authentication.

Comes here often

Hmm... interesting. Unfortunately we don't utilize any AD features in our setup, just reset the iPads every few months and re-enrol via using the downloaded Meraki profile in AC2.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Points Contest
Join us for a month-long contest with heaps of swag to win!

Learn More ›
Labels