Meraki Unboxed Podcast: Device Security and Management is available now!

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Meraki Unboxed Podcast: Device Security and Management is available now!

Hi everyone, 

We just released Episode 14: Evolving security and device management of the Meraki podcast series, Meraki Unboxed.

Featuring System Manager's PM @Noah_Salzman and PMM (myself), this episode details where the product is headed come 2020. Tune in to find out more about why we build features we do, as well as some of the challenges we face as a product team. 

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

3 REPLIES 3
T1
Building a reputation

Hi,

Any news on Windows 10 front? Basic controls like password enforcement and encryption management would be nice to have.

Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hey T1, 

BitLocker (encryption management) is one of our most common requests. That said, it is still sitting in the general backlog, I can't share any more detail than that. 

With regard to password enforcement, are you thinking via MDM or something done via the agent (that is, do you have a preference or don't care how it gets done as long as you can do it)?

I know it is not exciting news, but a lot of our Windows work of late has been in the background improving the plumbing and foundation. This will help in the long run with adding new capabilities, but it means for the next few months there will not be many new "knobs and buttons" released for that platform.

Noah Salzman

Product Manager for Meraki SM

T1
Building a reputation

Hi Noah,

I don't really care how it is done as long as it is enforced and there is no workaround other than full disenrollment. Our Windows machines have both MDM (via settings) and agent installed. Say, if password is enforced by an agent and I have a policy checking for that, I don't want users to uninstall agent, disable passwords/pin codes and still be "compliant" on the Dashboard because MDM is unable to check whether password is present or not.

Ideally, I'd prefer something similar to how OS X devices are managed. They don't require an agent for a basic security constraints we are after.

Also, I understand that implementing full Bitlocker support takes time, is it possible to roll out a simple encryption status check and report it to the dashboard? It used to be there before.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels