Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

SOLVED
Az_Marty
Conversationalist

Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

Good Morning,

I am rolling out Meraki Systems Manager and had a few items that I am wondering about. (I will probably have more as I proceed)

iOS and Android devices show "offline". (Grey icon) What exactly does this mean? They show secure in the devices list so I am not too concerned.  I have tried looking this up but cannot find any clear information.

On Android devices we are using the work profile on our company owned devices. We do not have bandwidth to deploy everything that the end users need in "Owner" mode.  Can we wipe the devices remotely if the work profile is installed? I know we cannot clear the pass code in this mode.

Thank You,

Marty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Grey just means that it has no internet connection therefore not communicating with MDM.

Enthusiast

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Grey just means that it has no internet connection therefore not communicating with MDM.

Enthusiast

@Az_Marty  Welcome, if your dievces are offline its because they don't have an internet connection. Below is a list of the ports required for Meraki services.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

98% of our devices are online. I am thinking the other 2% are powered down or otherwise unavailable. I just wanted to verify my logic and get a better understanding on the MDM as a whole.

@Az_Marty  good move, nothing worse than assuming and finding out much further down the track things weren't as you expected.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels