cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

SOLVED
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

Good Morning,

I am rolling out Meraki Systems Manager and had a few items that I am wondering about. (I will probably have more as I proceed)

 

iOS and Android devices show "offline". (Grey icon) What exactly does this mean? They show secure in the devices list so I am not too concerned.  I have tried looking this up but cannot find any clear information.

 

On Android devices we are using the work profile on our company owned devices. We do not have bandwidth to deploy everything that the end users need in "Owner" mode.  Can we wipe the devices remotely if the work profile is installed? I know we cannot clear the pass code in this mode.

 

Thank You,

Marty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

Grey just means that it has no internet connection therefore not communicating with MDM.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kind of a big deal

Re: Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

Grey just means that it has no internet connection therefore not communicating with MDM.

View solution in original post

Kind of a big deal

Re: Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

@Az_Marty  Welcome, if your dievces are offline its because they don't have an internet connection. Below is a list of the ports required for Meraki services.

 

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Conversationalist

Re: Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

98% of our devices are online. I am thinking the other 2% are powered down or otherwise unavailable. I just wanted to verify my logic and get a better understanding on the MDM as a whole.

Kind of a big deal

Re: Meraki Systems Manager Deployment

@Az_Marty  good move, nothing worse than assuming and finding out much further down the track things weren't as you expected.

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels