Meraki SM on Android Using 21GB of Storage!

CoBServiceDesk
Here to help

Meraki SM on Android Using 21GB of Storage!

I have the Meraki SM app on an android device that is taking up 21GB of storage.

Is there any way to clear this data without wiping the phone?

The phone is literally just an on call phone that has an app that diverts SMS messages to whoever is on call, but because there is no space now the sms forwarding has stopped.

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Something had obviously gone wrong.   I around remove the app and reinstall it. 

Thanks for the reply Phil!
I can't find a way to uninstall Meraki SM without unmanaging the device and starting over.

Can you remove it via the dashboard?

No, in the Meraki dashboard all other apps have an update / remove option however the Meraki only has a dash - where those buttons would be.

I'm beginning to think that I will need to selective wipe the phone. 

I also used an app called disk usage, but it only showed the 21GB as a big chunk of "data" hanging off the meraki app, no granular files or anything.

Ben
A model citizen

I would remove the app and reinstall it too but i'de first check what file would take up 21GB of storage. 

Just to make sure it's really the app or if it's an app file. 

e.g all photos you receive in whatsapp wether you want this or not are stored on your android phone storage. (not the sd card) 

If you check the settings, android will say Whatsapp is using x amount of space but when you look into detail it's the media that's taking up this space.

If you can't be bothered just reinstall the app. 😃 

Cheers,

Ben

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels