Meraki - Push Agent to Devices

Ed-Dolle
Just browsing

Meraki - Push Agent to Devices

Can the Meraki agent be pushed from the System Manager to devices that do not have the agent? I am trying to find a way to auto install the agent without either sending an email to the company and hoping for the best or manually installing it.

13 REPLIES 13
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @Ed-Dolle

I guess it depends on the devices. For Windows devices, you could use a group policy to install the agent software. 

Install using Active Directory GPO

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

See below for Windows Devices:

@WadeAlsup wrote:

Hi @Ed-Dolle

I guess it depends on the devices. For Windows devices, you could use a group policy to install the agent software. 

Install using Active Directory GPO

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
PatrickL
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

You can deploy the agent to Macs automatically through the Apps page as well: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Systems_Manager_Agent_and_MDM_Profile_Enrollme...

OK. That would help that OS, but what about Windows OS devices?

kbuckley
Conversationalist

I am having issues pushing to MacOS devices. I can use DEP to load the Meraki profile, and just like the documentation states, I create the Meraki SM App for MacOS, assign it to all devices. I can see in the activity log that the agent is pushed - and it even says "success" - however, the agent does not load on the MacOS device. iOS devices work just fine. Any ideas? Automating this is pretty important to us. Thanks!

Hi @kbuckley

Are you not seeing updated network stats or able to fetch process lists for these MacOS devices? 

The agent itself isn't really a visual application on the device like the App is in iOS. 

See Documentation for a comparison. 

@WadeAlsup I don't get the features in the MDM server console that I should when the agent installed. Just the basic Meraki Profile features. Additionally, I have other apps that are set to be pushed once the agent is on the machine (Munki Tools) - so I can tell that the agent hasn't loaded because the installs for my other apps are not executing. Once I manually load the agent on the Mac, I get all the features in the console, and Munki Tools finally pushes. 

Sorry for misunderstanding, @kbuckley. Looks like you've gone straightforward through the deployment guide. Sounds like the next step is to open a ticket with support? 

@WadeAlsup no worries, totally appreciate your input. That's what I was thinking. We will open a ticket and hopefully get this working. Thanks again!

@Ed-Dolle for Mac Devices you could use ARD to deploy the agent, thats how we did it. You could also deploy remotely using Teamviewer or any other remote access software. 

@kbuckley Did you get anywhere with this issue? I've run into this problem and its got me stuck.

kbuckley
Conversationalist

I have not. We have opened a case with Meraki and are sending them logs for review. It's definitely re-produceable in our environment, and not working as the product video depicts. So I'm not sure what the issue is, but for us, the entire appeal of DEP is to automate as much as possible. I will let you know what we hear back. 

Thanks @kbuckley I've got a support ticket open too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels