Meraki MDM app - an error occurred when checking enrollment on IOSv10 i

ZK
New here

Meraki MDM app - an error occurred when checking enrollment on IOSv10 i

I've been enrolling iPads to Meraki MDM. The apps install with no issues however when you open the Meraki MDM app I get the following message on all the iPads enrolled today.

An error occurred when checking enrollment

20191206_115810.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
BrianBuchanan
Here to help

Experiencing the same problem here. iPad (4th Gen.) IOS 10.3.3

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/Meraki-MDM-App-failing/m-p/69685#M6046

Yes we have iPad 4th Gen too, on them we have 10.1, 10.2.1, 10.3.3. As mentioned worked fine yesterday, today works on no iPad no matter the version. Unfortunately we don't have any later OS or iPads to test on.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@ZK 

As @BrianBuchanan already linked in this thread, Meraki is aware of the issue and working on it. 

All we can do is be patient and wait for the fix to be implemented. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Meraki support troubleshooting this issue.

The issue is not dependant on iOS, as I could replicate it on 10, 12 and 13.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

We're seeing this too....but it seems to only be happening on devices being enrolled with the latest version of the Systems Manager app - 2.5.3.  Anyone else seeing that same thing?

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@AnitaF That is correct it appears to be tied to the new 2.5.3 release of the app.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
ThomasSMBCS
Just browsing

We are having the same issue. Everything is being deployed to the devices such as apps, profiles and web clips, but the System Manager app is basically useless. Users can't sign in or out or download apps.

We're biting the bullet and issuing devices regardless hoping the resolution will be simple enough to either handle remotely or walk our end users through. It's a shame this update made its way through QC. 

ClayH
New here

Same thing for me.  I setup other iPads a few weeks ago and no troubles.  Other apps installed just fine on the one today, but get the "An error occurred when checking enrollment." error message.  I guess I will try next week.

jessetill
Conversationalist

be sure to untick the "keep app up to date" for the SM app!

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.40.46 am.png

TexasITAdmin
Just browsing

Have they resolved this for you yet?

We just ran into this issue ourselves this morning.

still unresolved here.

issue is now resolved with the release of 2.5.4.

Updating worked for me as well.

Support was totally useless and wasn't even aware of this issue existing.  They were trying to troubleshoot everything else first.  Update the app is a simple fix.

Looking forward to migrating to Jamf sometime this year.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels