Meraki MDM - Apple Push Cert "Invalid Certificate Signing Request"

SOLVED
TrylesJu
New here

Meraki MDM - Apple Push Cert "Invalid Certificate Signing Request"

AppleCSR.JPG

We are attempting to renew our Apple Push Certificate. I download the "Meraki_Apple_CSR.csr" file from the Meraki dashboard and then attempt to upload it to the Apple Push Certificates Portal. We receive an error from Apple when trying to upload the CSR file. "Invalid Certificate Signing Request. The certificate signing request you entered appears to be invalid. Make sure that request file was uploaded is in the correct format and not empty."

I have opened the CSR file provided by Meraki and it does not appear to be the correct format. How can we get the correctly formatted CSR file from Meraki so that Apple will accept it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Performed those steps about 10 times to no avail... suddenly it now has worked... I suspect some temporary glitch with the CSR creation through Meraki.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Correct me if I am wrong but the process is simply exporting the request out of Meraki by downloading a file and then importing that into Apples system without any copying and pasting?? 

If thats the case I would contact support and open a case, its been a long time since I did this but I don't recall it being difficult. 

Try this site, it my give you some info and you might be able to find where you are going wrong.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Apple_MDM_Push_Certificate

Performed those steps about 10 times to no avail... suddenly it now has worked... I suspect some temporary glitch with the CSR creation through Meraki.

BlakeRichardson - I've done this before and you are right it is supposed to be very simple! Download the CSR from Meraki, upload the CSR to Apple, download the PEM from Apple, upload the PEM to Meraki.... something just wasn't right with the CSR file, seems to have been fixed. Cisco may have had something going on.

Awesome glad its resolved!

I have exactly same issue, tried chro,e/safari/firefox, tried different end-of-line delimiter.

this is very strange

same here, ive been trying on and off for a while to get this csr to work but its always invalid.

so far i have downloaded the file about 200 times.

Same problem.... do we need to open a case?

Same issue ..... been trying all morning without success

same problem here

seems to be resolved now I have successfully received my Cert after many attempts.

Ghilly
MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I just tried an Apple Push certificate renewal process, and it is working fine for me right now. The steps I am using are here: 

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Apple_MDM_Push_Certificate#Renewing_an_Apple_M...

If anyone is continuing to have an issue with this, please open a support case and Meraki support can assist. Thanks! 

I am having this issue today.  i'm on a free version of Meraki, so I can't submit a support ticket.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels