Max recent user shared Ipads and apps cache

Solved
GabBlais
Getting noticed

Max recent user shared Ipads and apps cache

Hello everyone,

I'm suppose to deploy around 80 new shareds Ipads in schools in the next week and I just discovered few problems that are slowing the process.We are using Apple School Manager and the Classroom app mainly.

First of all, I just learned that shared ipad have a maximum of 8 recent user displaying on the login screen. One of the schools have like 15 to 20 classes (28 ipads for all of them) and a lot of young kids which can't be bothered by entering the super duper long email address to get started, each time. Is there a way around this? We are going to try to do the "assign" to student in the ClassRoom app to force an auto login but for now, this button doesn't even appear.

Secondly, if there's no way to find a solution for the first option, we might just have one account for ALL students. The big downside is that students will be able to see other's students stuff, like camera photos, safari history, microsoft team app login. Is there a way to handle all this stuff or some of this stuff via Meraki ?

Thanks for your help !

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais  regarding the logins the only option is to have the student login using their full login, Apple don't offer short names for logins.

If you do use a single login there is no way of stopping the users deleting each others work this is correct, once again there is no way aroudn this apart from seperate accounts. 

Also bear in mind the more users you have on a device the less space each users has. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais  regarding the logins the only option is to have the student login using their full login, Apple don't offer short names for logins.

If you do use a single login there is no way of stopping the users deleting each others work this is correct, once again there is no way aroudn this apart from seperate accounts. 

Also bear in mind the more users you have on a device the less space each users has. 

Yeah I figured. Thanks a lot for your answer Blake ! 🙂
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels