Manual Enrollment - Enrollment & supervision without Apple Device Enrollment Program

SOLVED
Fiek
Conversationalist

Manual Enrollment - Enrollment & supervision without Apple Device Enrollment Program

Have followed the setup of Enrolling and Supervising iOS Devices using Apple Configurator 2.5 or Later using Manual Enrollment - Enrollment & supervision without Apple Device Enrollment Program.

However, every time I Prepare an IPhone 5s running 11.3.1 it fails to install the Meraki Remote Management - "The configuration for your iPhone could not be downloaded from XXXX. Invalid Profile".

Using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4, Apple Configurator 2 v2.7 with the device successfully set to Supervised and Organization (XXXX) applied.

Completion of the iPhone Manual Setup to select a valid WiFi internet connection succeeds but applying the Meraki profile fails as above.

User Authentication Settings are set to Disabled in MSM and Apple MDM certificate is valid.

Am I missing something to successfully deploy using this enrollment method?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

AC2 can be a real pain. Here is usually the stuff that causes this error:

~When you are going through setup make sure you disable the option to "Activate and complete enrollment". 

~Also, delete your server under "Apple Configurator 2" > "Preferences" > "Servers" and re-add.

~Make sure you are grabbing the right Meraki link

~Is the WiFi WPA2 Enterprise (user/pass & cert.)? -- that seems to not cooperate sometimes.

~Purge AC2 program and files and re-start.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

~When you are going through setup make sure you disable the option to "Activate and complete enrollment". 

~Also, delete your server under "Apple Configurator 2" > "Preferences" > "Servers" and re-add.

~Is the WiFi WPA2 Enterprise (user/pass & cert.)? -- that seems to not cooperate sometimes.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Fiek
Conversationalist

~ "Activate and complete enrollment" is only part of the DEP process, which didn't apply in this case.

~ Deleting my Server (even though correct!) and re-add under AP2 - seems to have solved my problem and Manual Enrollment is now functioning as expected.

Cheers,

Fiek

I had the exact same issue today with Systems Manager, I tried removing the Meraki Server from AC2 and then re-added the server, and it magically started to work again.

Thanks for your help Jared.

@jared_f wrote:

Jared

I am also experiencing this issue, although, mine states 'cancelled' rather than 'invalid profile'.

I have followed all the steps as suggested but no joy. 

Any ideas?

Thanks - Paul

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels