Managed Apps - "No installation source found for market sources."

MerakiUSER1
New here

Managed Apps - "No installation source found for market sources."

I am running Android 9 with Meraki SM as part of a managed Workplace.  My administrator has added an app--Business Calendar--to Managed Apps but I cannot install it.  I get the message "No installation source found for market sources."  I cannot allow Meraki to install unknown apps because it does not appear in the list of apps (including system apps) that are apparently available for downloading unknown apps.  Any ideas or fixes regarding this issue?  Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If this is a private enterprise app (rather than coming from the Play for Business store) then you will need to tell Systems Manager to allow installation form unknown sources.  It is listed under Android Restrictions.

Thank you for the Reply.  There is no general "Android Restrictions" menu or "unknown apps" selector on Android 9 Pie.  Each restriction for installing unknown apps is managed independently for each app that may be used to install the unknown apps.  For example, permission to install unknown apps via Chrome is managed by allowing Chrome specifically to install unknown apps.  Part of the problem is that Meraki is not showing up in the list of apps for which I can grant access to install unknown apps.  Please let me know if I have missed something in the settings menu.  Thank you again.  

I'm not familiar with this product.  I was expecting this restriction would be configured in the Meraki Systems Manager as an Android Restriction - not on the device itself.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels