MacOS Big Sur - Where should SM bug reports go?

Perren
Comes here often

MacOS Big Sur - Where should SM bug reports go?

Starting our AppleSeed for IT testing to plan for the future and so far Systems Manager falls on its face to even get a machine enrolled.

Should I be opening cases via Dashboard, or is there a more appropriate feedback channel to use?

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Perren Support cases need to be opened via the dashboard. The forums are not an official support tool, they are more for resellers, MSP and customers to share knowledge and help one another. 

By all means feel free to describe the problems you are having and someone may be able to help but you wont receive official support. 

Thanks Blake. 

...if I get a "we don't support beta OSes." canned reply I'll be back looking for a product manager. 😉

Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

What if it is the product manager that says that?

Joking aside. We are aware the issues with the new builds. Can't give you a time frame yet for when they will be resolved. And, to be clear, right now our priority is working on features on macOS not related to Big Sur (e.g. Education Profile).

FWIW, Apple doesn't give vendors any special early access to builds. I'm not complaining, just explaining that when you install a new macOS beta we have just seen that build for the first time as well. I'm an Apple fan: they are bold in making big changes, but as a vendor supporting them it means that it can take a while to adapt to those big changes.

Noah Salzman

Product Manager for Meraki SM

Hi @Noah_Salzman,

I liked your reply; I agree we should not discuss that the super strict Apple NDA prohibits us from even acknowledging that the programme exists.

However, it does make you wonder how all the Apple partners can offer zero day support. I guess software engineers across the world are well fed ready for release days.

Thank you,

Peter James

Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Peter,

Since you mentioned "zero day support", I wanted to clarify a point lest there was any confusion.

We certainly have access to Apple beta builds (which is how you develop and test to support a new OS release on day one). What I was trying to say was we get those beta builds exactly when everyone else gets them. So, if there is a breaking change we encounter at the same time you encounter it.

Cheers, 

---Noah--

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels