cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS device enrollment - Unable to remote desktop

SOLVED
Head in the Cloud

Mac OS device enrollment - Unable to remote desktop

I've just enrolled two Mac OSX devices into my SM network. I've enrolled via the standard web page enrolment as well as downloading the agent/package and installing on the devices.

Devices are checking in to dashboard and are online and showing up to date. I'm however unable to remote desktop/use any of the advanced features which should be enabled with the agent/package install.

How do i enable these features? I've tried to download the agent several times however still having no luck. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: Mac OS device enrollment - Unable to remote desktop

Checkout the page below.  Would say your firewall is blocking some outbound traffic which is causing the problem. Ports 993, 7734 and 60000 - 61000 are required for systems manager to work correctly.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
5 REPLIES 5
Kind of a big deal

Checkout the page below.  Would say your firewall is blocking some outbound traffic which is causing the problem. Ports 993, 7734 and 60000 - 61000 are required for systems manager to work correctly.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

Head in the Cloud

@BlakeRichardson Thanks Blake, only problem is that there isn't a firewall in the way of these devices. 

Kind of a big deal

Have you setup these devices yourself as there is a way for remote desktop to be blocked on client machines.

Head in the Cloud

Hey @BlakeRichardson, Managed to get to the bottom of this one. My devices had AV's installed which appeared to have a built in host firewall. Looks like these were blocking some of the outbound ports required Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Kind of a big deal

Awesome glad you worked it out! 

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels