Mac Management Upgrades

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Mac Management Upgrades

Hi All,

We have noticed the more and more we are adding Meraki to Mac devices how sparse the management it. The software installed is bad and clunky, and the ability to run scripts is horrible. Having something similar to how you guys have designed scoping and installing iOS Apps would be great for Mac. Also, the ability to upload and scope scripts when to run would be great and help get rid of the gap when config profiles cannot do the job. With all the upgrades coming to iOS management (hopefully variables coming soon) I would hate to see Mac Management left behind. I would be willing to pay a premium to have our devices all in one portal rather than have it spread across several platforms to do the job.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I agree, there is HUGE potential in the Mac space with Systems Manager and given how often I have heard that Cisco work closely with Apple I am not sure why its features are lacking.

Being able to control and upgrade app's like firefox, chrome and more would be nice, even if they tied into the VPP store.

@BlakeRichardson Honestly, if Meraki just re-designed the software deployment (similar to what they have done to the app section on mobile) section it would be great. Also if they allowed scripts to be ran the sky is the limit from that standpoint. 

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels