MDM WIFI configuration

SOLVED
PaulAM87
Here to help

MDM WIFI configuration

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked a million times but i am trying to configure the WIFI settings for our phones on MDM.

we have android phones all setup in device owner mode and use meraki AP's for our wireless network which is setup using Radius.

I can find a guide on setting this up using Sentry on the AP's but i would prefer to leave the wireless network as is and add the phones.

Am i right in thinking i need to add a certificate for our domain in credentials under profile settings then setup the WIFI settings with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise and are there any guides on here as i have failed to find them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @PaulAM87! We have some limited guides for configuration settings (everything configurable on the 'Settings" page) here - https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Settings

It sounds like you're right about next steps - configuring Wifi settings and credentials. One thing I might suggest - I might create the wifi Profile as a separate profile, with no other configuration settings tied to it (like Active Sync/email, vpn, etc.) If you do add more configuration settings to the same profile (with the wifi settings), any time you make changes to anything on that profile the wifi settings will refresh, and this could interrupt wifi connectivity. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @PaulAM87! We have some limited guides for configuration settings (everything configurable on the 'Settings" page) here - https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Settings

It sounds like you're right about next steps - configuring Wifi settings and credentials. One thing I might suggest - I might create the wifi Profile as a separate profile, with no other configuration settings tied to it (like Active Sync/email, vpn, etc.) If you do add more configuration settings to the same profile (with the wifi settings), any time you make changes to anything on that profile the wifi settings will refresh, and this could interrupt wifi connectivity. 

Hope this helps! 

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the reply, i think your idea about having WiFi settings in a separate profile sounds like a good idea!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels