MDM - Single app mode dim screen

Wohoo
Comes here often

MDM - Single app mode dim screen

Hi all,

Is it possible to dim the screen of the iPad when the iPad is in single app mode? 

It seems like the iPad becomes active again after I pushed the sleep button. 

Can someone help me out? 

Best regards

16 REPLIES 16
MacuserJim
A model citizen

Screen brightness isn't something you can manage through an MDM and single app mode restricts the use of control center so you can't manually dim the display while in single app mode. You could set the brightness first, then put the device into single app mode.

Wohoo
Comes here often

What about putting the device in sleep mode? It seems like I cannot but the device in sleep mode when single app mode is activated? Is there a work around available? 

On a test iPad that I put into single app mode I am able to press the sleep/wake button and put it to sleep and then wake it up again. What iOS version are you running on it? Im running iOS 12, but I wonder if iOS 11 might handle that differently.

Wohoo
Comes here often

Our device runs on iOs 12 too. But it seems like the device is being pushed out of sleeping mode after a while.

@Wohoo can you confirm if you are using single app mode or Kiosk?

Hi @BlakeRichardson, I'm using single app mode. 

In the device's page > MDM commands > Single App Mode > Lock Device 

Wohoo
Comes here often

Does anyone know if this is an iOS issue of a MDM issue? 

Wohoo
Comes here often

I still can't find a solution? Anyone please?

alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

tested with a random app on ios 12.1 and the sleep button turns off display without a problem.

still didn't wake itself up..

what app are you locking it into

Offline Kiosk. Did you leave the app on sleep mode for the whole night or just a couple of minutes? 

Because at our end it wakes up after a couple of hours

alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

oh well just for a couple of minutes.

if it's going to last a couple of hours you should use Kiosk mode ( using a profile )

I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help

Wohoo
Comes here often

Nothing changed. The issue remains..

alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

what type of ipad do you have.

are you using any accessories with it ? keyboard ?
alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

i'd also recommend you test it with another app, since it could be the source of your issue.

found that also https://docs.kioskproapp.com/article/737-power-management
Sunny21DC
Here to help

I was facing this issue untill i fixed it by launching the settings app on your iPhone by tapping on the settings icon.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels