MDM Profile Randomly installed other devices - Part deux!

babkazen
Just browsing

MDM Profile Randomly installed other devices - Part deux!

We have a strange issues going on.  Our MDM profiles basically just set up exchange ActiveSync for our users.  We have one user whose MDM profile started being installed on most of our OTHER user's devices this morning.  Meaning his email account is being set up on those devices.  I've tried a test device, uninstalling Meraki systems manager profile and deleting exchange accounts, rebooting and reinstalling meraki profile, but the other exchange account was installed again.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm probably just going to uninstall the particular user from Meraki altogether along with his MDM profile and then reinstall.

3 Replies 3
babkazen
Just browsing

Looks like our phone admin created a new profile for said user this morning but didn't tag it. Must have been tagged such that it was applied to all devices. Deleted profile and it was removed from devices.

Awesome glad you found the problem. Might pay to send the admin involved on a CMNO course. 

babkazen
Just browsing

Ok this is really strange.  Same user whose exchange account was being set up on random devices is still installing on random devices by Meraki.  We took the user completely out of Meraki yesterday and it was just installed on an iPhone a few minutes ago.  I double checked devices and mdm profiles and they are indeed no longer there.  I'm scratching my head here.  Events don't reveal anything.  How can an mdm profile that has been deleted continue to be installed on devices?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels