MDM: Options to enable Developer Mode in Android Tablet

SOLVED
BCDCC
Here to help

MDM: Options to enable Developer Mode in Android Tablet

Hi,

We have a couple of Samsung Tab5e tablets that were setup in Device Owner Mode. There is now a need to enable Stay Awake to keep the screen on while charging but that option is only available in Developer mode which the MDM has blocked. 

I'm might need to get my eyes checked but I can't seem to locate in MDM to unblock that restriction. 

I would appreciate if anyone here is kind enough to guide me. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
T1
Building a reputation

Prevent Android Debug Bridge (ADB) access sits under Android Restrictions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Assuming you are using similar method to enable Developer mode from below?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...

I don't think the standard MDM rules block dev mode. We use SM on Android devices (mostly Pixels though) and developer mode is able to be toggled. Is possible any other security software on the device that could be blocking it?

T1's reply is the solution to my problem. Thanks.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

That is very misleading and odd. ADB and Developer mode are completely different. ADB is a method to access the device command line via usb or other. Developer mode is menu of settings in the UI that allow you to modify OS settings. ADB requires developer mode to be enabled, but developer mode does not require ADB.

@CarolineS @CameronMoody 

Is it possible to have the dashboard option changed to say developer mode on the this also, as ADB is confusing? Do I need to make a wish or is there a faster more simple way to get that changed?

T1
Building a reputation

Prevent Android Debug Bridge (ADB) access sits under Android Restrictions.

BCDCC
Here to help

Thanks T1, that did the trick!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels