MDM Failing to report

Solved
Ponceme
Getting noticed

MDM Failing to report

So I have had 4 tablets in the field for almost 2 weeks. I am noticing that the tablets seem to stop reporting to the Systems manager, (They appear offline when actually they have internet connection). I reboot the device and it comes back up reporting properly. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a case open? 

Android Tablets Samsung Tab E with ATT, Android 7.1.1

1 Accepted Solution

It looks like taking the tablets off kiosk and then updating the SM app from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 did the trick. I haven't had a device go offline since.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is common when in BYOD mode.  Android starts de-scheduling non-foreground devices.

Devices in "Device Owner" mode should not have this issue.

Correct. But my devices are in Device Owner mode already. I think for some reason 3 of my tablets are running SM 4.0.3 when the latest version is 4.0.5 so I'm going to either upgrade them or reinstall and see what happens.

It looks like taking the tablets off kiosk and then updating the SM app from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 did the trick. I haven't had a device go offline since.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels