Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Failing to report

SOLVED
Highlighted
Getting noticed

MDM Failing to report

So I have had 4 tablets in the field for almost 2 weeks. I am noticing that the tablets seem to stop reporting to the Systems manager, (They appear offline when actually they have internet connection). I reboot the device and it comes back up reporting properly. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a case open? 

Android Tablets Samsung Tab E with ATT, Android 7.1.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Getting noticed

Re: MDM Failing to report

It looks like taking the tablets off kiosk and then updating the SM app from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 did the trick. I haven't had a device go offline since.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kind of a big deal

This is common when in BYOD mode.  Android starts de-scheduling non-foreground devices.

Devices in "Device Owner" mode should not have this issue.

Getting noticed

Correct. But my devices are in Device Owner mode already. I think for some reason 3 of my tablets are running SM 4.0.3 when the latest version is 4.0.5 so I'm going to either upgrade them or reinstall and see what happens.

Getting noticed

It looks like taking the tablets off kiosk and then updating the SM app from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 did the trick. I haven't had a device go offline since.

View solution in original post

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels