MAC how to never sleep or never turn off display

Toine
Comes here often

MAC how to never sleep or never turn off display

Hello,

I am looking into meraki, I have many Macs connected with the profile. I want to create a new profile, but in this new profile I would like to enable an option so that the computer never falls asleep or never turns off the display.

Anyone know where I can find this option in the settings / profile manager for mac OS

Thanks a lot

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Toine as far as I am aware and I've just checked this isn't possible. 

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Would the Energy Saver profile in Profile Manager work? Set both values to false and upload it to SM.Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 7.38.01 PM.png

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Toine
Comes here often

Yes that would work but this is in the profile manager on the mac server. My computers are enrolled with the meraki profile only.

How can I add that to meraki?

Also what is the SM you are talking about?

Thanks for your help.

You could possibly create the profile that @jared_f mentions and then create a package that installs it. This package could then be pushed out via SM. Its a long winded process but it should work. 

@Toine SM is Systems Manager - the MDM you have your Macs enrolled in. @BlakeRichardson, when you say package up? Do you mean scope as a profile? I would do this over sending it out in a .pkg with a script as it is unreliable in my opinion and there is no easy way to remove it. I would upload it in the Settings section (profiles). Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.51.31 AM.png

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Toine
Comes here often

That's interesting, I'll have a look about the custom apple profile. 

@jared_f Good point I forgot about that option. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels