Link "brocken" between Ipads and Meraki

Solved
GabBlais
Getting noticed

Link "brocken" between Ipads and Meraki

Hello,

I have a couple of Ipads that are not enrolled anymore in the "Meraki MDM" app and Meraki can't see them online anymore (around 9 out of 30 devices). I searched to see if someone changed something in Meraki's settings like certificate or token stuff, but everything seems untouched (we actually renewed the Apple push certificate after to see if the problem would resolve, which isn't the case).

We tried :

- doing a restore with Itunes, but then we are getting the error "Certificated installed failed - Cancelled" before the DEP can assign the settings.

- Renew the Apple MDM certificate

- Verified Apple DEP Servers token expiration date

- Manual installation of profile at m.meraki.com (The server certificate isn't not valid error)

Everything seems good but nothing is working and those Ipads. Since it's not all the devices that are affected, I don't really think it's because of the certificate because it would affect them all. We have a total of ~250 ipads and I know there's more out there with the same problem so I was searching for a solution which doesn't involve manualy handling all the devices.

I just don't know what to check anymore, any help would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks a lot !

1 Accepted Solution
GabBlais
Getting noticed

Final update :

We had firewall settings that were ready to be sets to test a bit more, but the problem disappeared before we could change anything. Anyway even if it comes back, I think we'll be able to correct it within our firewall with the port settings from Meraki's documentation.

Thanks for your help !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais  I have a few questions

1. what model of iPad and iOS?

2. Are they connected to the internet? (This seems like a silly question but it does actually catch people out)

3. Have you tried using the factory reset option on the iPad rather than using iTunes to restore

4. If you can't factory reset have you tried using Apple configurator to restore the devices?

@BlakeRichardsonThank you for trying to help !

Just a headsup:

we did a lot of test in our environment and I think it might be firewall related on our end. I'm not quite sure as the guy handling this is only working next week so I need to wait a bit to keep testing. We have Ipads in our schools since like 2 years and never had a problem with that before which is weird. I'll keep you in touch as soon as I can get a clear answer.

Thanks !

GabBlais
Getting noticed

Final update :

We had firewall settings that were ready to be sets to test a bit more, but the problem disappeared before we could change anything. Anyway even if it comes back, I think we'll be able to correct it within our firewall with the port settings from Meraki's documentation.

Thanks for your help !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels