KME with MDM Automatic configuration

EAlvarado
Conversationalist

KME with MDM Automatic configuration

Hello,

I have a couple of weeks trying to work with Meraki support team in order to automatically push Meraki profile into our Galaxy S9 using KNOX.

Serial numbers were added on our KME and the profile are configured on both side.

When turning on the Samsung device, it gets into the Knox enrollment profile but then it launch Meraki asking for our ID.

When this part given, the user is able to exit from this part and have a full access to the phone with the opportunity to manipulate it/erase everything.

I reached Samsung support team and they advised me that there's the possibility to add an JSON Script in order to Automatically Push the ID from meraki and auto-configure the device without allowing the user to enter anything or take the full control of the device.

As per Meraki, They have an API with Samsung but there's an ''Known Issue'' that there engineers are working on it without any ETR.

Also, they confirmed me that they do not have any JSON Script available at this time and that they will investigate if there's an Workaround.

I have 3 weeks waiting for a solution/workaround without any answers.

Samsung could add the JSON Script if Meraki could provide us the parameters of what do they need to automatically push the ID but Meraki is not giving me any answers. 

They (Samsung) provided me some examples from other providers:

https://support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001632227-New-Features-in-the-KME-KCS-1-12-Rele...

Would you have any suggestions on this ?

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What about if you don't use knox?  What does knox give you that you would like?

Because we are dealing with the same issue. KNOX gives you on Samsung devices the same opportunities like DEP does for Apple.

But it seems that there is no progress on this topic

RichardP
Conversationalist

Were you able to get this resolved?

RonB
Comes here often

Is there a solution. 

EAlvarado
Conversationalist

Unfortunatly no.

When adding the profile, we have to manually enter the ID on the device.

no solutions
RonB
Comes here often

It's a security problem if this is not in Meraki. Companies will choose an other MDM like Airwatch of Mobile Iron. Both work fine with KME with MDM Automatic configuration.

So I hope this is on the roadmap? Can you tell us if it is or will be fixed?

RonB
Comes here often

But will this be fixed or is this on the roadmap?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels