Issue with install afw account

YoungEnterprise
Just browsing

Issue with install afw account

Hi there

I am enrolling an additional LG K4 (2017) mobile onto one of our network via afw#meraki method and all is fine until I try to resolve the "install afw account" yellow triangle.

I tap on the error that is being shown on the SM app and the mobile then brings up the google play login page but when it asks me to type in the username/email address, the keyboard does not appear from below the screen to allow me to type in the correct email.  It instead has Android Enterprise on it.

All the software has been updated prior to the factory reset which needs to be done when enrolling the device using meraki managed.

Has anyone experience this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Acleri
Here to help

Same problem... any solution found?

Rob_Mayer
Comes here often

Likewise...I've been struggling with a Galaxy S8 all day to get the AFW account installed.  Systems Manager is enrolled, but I keep seeing the yellow triangle with exclamation point for "Install AFW account."  I tap it to resolve, and it says that the request was successfully enqueued, but nothing seems to happen. I get a Google Play Services notification that account action is required for Android Enterprise, but I can't do anything when I tap on that notification.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get this thing working properly?

For now, since I need to get the device back to its owner, I added a separate Google Play account in order to install the Samsung Smart Switch app and transfer everything from the old phone to this new one, but I would like for the device to be working properly should I need to push apps to it in the future.

Sure seems that iOS plays much more nicely with Meraki than Android.

boxcat
Comes here often

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I initially had the same problem with my test devices.  I had to make sure the AFW account was setup before I applied my company profile.  I suspect the setting "Android Device Owner > Disable modifying accounts" was preventing my AFW enrollment.  

Rob_Mayer
Comes here often

I'm not certain, but I feel like Meraki must have changed something in the last few weeks because my Android devices have started working more smoothly as of late.
JoLec
Conversationalist

Same here ... has anyone ever got a reply or solution from Meraki ?
I factory reseted the device like 6 times now. Always the same thing.
Tried giving it another Owner that is already assigned to a working Android device .. nothing more ... 
Apps deployed through the play store and meraki SM won't install but prompt a notification saying they were installed successfully...
Please give me your solution if anything worked for you. Tried a few from other posts and nothing worked so far...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels