Is there a way to build a contacts list and then push to clients?

steveracer67
New here

Is there a way to build a contacts list and then push to clients?

Subject kind of explains what we are trying to do. We want to create a contact list that would be pushed out to certain managed users.

5 REPLIES 5
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I read what you want about three times now and I still don't know what you want lol.

Contacts list of what? administrators? Like, an email that will go out to all clients and email them who the admins are?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

A contact list of email addresses for our engineering people to use, as they all send to each other and the same external people. We use iPads and I want to populate the new iPads contact list instead of having to do it manually for each of the 18 people.

I believe what you're trying to do is push the contacts to IOS devices via Meraki Systems Manager. I don't know if it's possible. If it is, I expect it will probably be via the managed app config settings:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Using_the_Managed_App_Settings_Payload

Maybe @MeredithW can move this to the Systems Manager section.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Done!

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
jonyh
Here to help

You can do this by pushing an LDAP profile to the phones. This will have the contact list hosted up. Alternatively you can use a group carDAV account which also works.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels