IPAD 9.7 5th/6th Gen on IOS 12 having Charging issues

SOLVED
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

IPAD 9.7 5th/6th Gen on IOS 12 having Charging issues

Has anyone experienced Chargers getting hot and even melting cords  with Ipads 9.7 5th/6th Gen ipads  on IOS 12 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vassallon  WOW 4500  and i though i managed alot , thanks for the input Sir , with you have that many and not seeing any cords melting or getting hot, I'm gonna assume its a electrical  issue on where they are plugging it up to 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

There has been reports of iOS 12 having charging issues. You may update to 12.1 where it has "fixed" the bug.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/10/02/ios-12-1-charging-issue-fix/

Enthusiast

That Bug fix only seems to apply for it not charging ,  I'm referring to  Chargers getting hot and or melting . i know its probably a Electrical issue but just wanted to ask just in case.

Try charging either in another outlet or with a cable you know is working. Then you can determine if it's outlet, or cable.

Enthusiast

Are you using geniune chargers and cables? I've seen cheap knock offs perform poorly 

Yup all Genuine cords and cables directly from apple 

We have 4500 brand new 6th gen iPads and haven't seen any getting hot like that to my knowledge. I have seen other charging issues, either slow charging or mis-reporting charge levels but nothing heat related. It does seem like iOS 12.1 most of these have disappeared. I have wondered though if Apple got some less than ideal lightning connectors with several of the charging or lack of charging issues I have seen.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@vassallon  WOW 4500  and i though i managed alot , thanks for the input Sir , with you have that many and not seeing any cords melting or getting hot, I'm gonna assume its a electrical  issue on where they are plugging it up to 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels