IOS Passcode enforcement bug?

Josh3
Here to help

IOS Passcode enforcement bug?

I have set up a passcode enforcement profile with a minimum set of 4 characters, however when the prompt appears on a device, it says minimum of 6 characters.  Is this a bug or a setting I am missing somewhere?  It accepts 4 characters when you put in only 4, but it says 6.  I don't want to confuse users as many like 4 digit passcodes (myself included).  I am new to meraki SM.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Josh3 Is the device registered in DEP and connected to the MDM via DEP so that its pulling a profile down as part of the initial setup? If not then what you are seeing in normal. 

Also welcome to the forums!

Yes, Apple DEP is setup and pushing devices into Meraki. I assign the device settings and then boot it up and it registers correctly. Everything else seems to work. Apps push out, wifi settings push out and exchange settings. Just the passcode requirement number says 6 when it is set to minimum of 4.
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I saw this on Jamf Nation a few months ago. This is a bug in iOS from my understanding. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

In most cases, profiles do not get applied to a device until the device gets to the home screen. I found disabling the passcode prompt in pre-state DEP enrollment allows the passcode profile to be enforced.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels