How to Restrict Users from changing iTunes account

Baldguy_2018
Just browsing

How to Restrict Users from changing iTunes account

Good Morning all,

I've got a fleet of iPad's were we use the same corporate iTunes account on them.  We've removed the App Store from the configurations, but we would like to restrict the users from being able the change the accounts.  This feature was in iOS 11 under General, Restrictions, Accounts, and selecting Don't Allow Changes.  But I can't seem to find this in Meraki and to top it off, iOS 12 moved it Under Screen Time.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Under Screen time ( you also have to have a Screen time passcode set in place , if you don't want the users to change anything so i wouldn't recommend it set to the same code to unlock the device  , select  Content & Privacy Restrictions, turn on Content and privacy restrictions , then under ALLOW CHANGES under Privacy  it has Account Changes  select Don't Allow 

I am not positive of this so please correct me if wrong. Couldn't you uncheck and push "Allow modifying account settings (iOS 7+)" profile? The nice thing is that you could login with the Apple ID during setup (DEP) or even with manual enrollment (m.meraki.com) and then the option would be restricted. Seems way better than going to each device and trying to keep track of restriction passcodes. Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 5.06.37 PM.png

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Thank you for the response Jared.

Unfortunately, that didn't work with iOS 12.  The option to not allow any account changes was moved to Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Account Changes.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels