Guided Access App Unavailable

ELELIZ
Comes here often

Guided Access App Unavailable

Restrictions iOS Show/Hide apps (Supervised)Restrictions iOS Show/Hide apps (Supervised)Restriction settings under iOS Restrictions (supervised)Restriction settings under iOS Restrictions (supervised)

Hi all,

I am trying to setup our iPad's in Single App mode and running into issues, the setup process goes fine until the Apps are ready to install. I looked at the event log for the device and it shows Install application response received: Geotab Drive Status:NotNow.

The device displays the error Guided Access App Unavailable. If I erase the device and make no changes to the settings the device completes the setup with no issues. requiring an erase to complete the setup process is not ideal I would like to be able to send a new device to a user and have it setup properly without an erase.

I have also tried taking the device out of Single App mode, the Apps install with no issue.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I have tried everything I know of to attempt to solve this problem for you. I have tried creating a policy that trips the configuration to install, but the configuration reaches the device before the app gets to install so it locks out the device. Only thing I could think of is to manually scope out the app lock after the device has the app installed.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
ELELIZ
Comes here often

Thanks Jared!

Do you think this is specific to the App or the way that I am configuring it to be delivered? Are you currently using single app mode with any of your devices?

Thanks again for your help.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I am 99% positive that it is the way the app and configuration profile are going down to the device. I believe the app needs to arrive at the device first and then the profile to lock it.

I believe I could work out a solution using some policies to trigger configurations to be installed, but I need more background about what your goal is for this devices - do you want them to act a kiosk or always just be locked to this application.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the Kudos Button!

ELELIZ
Comes here often

Hi Jared,

The current goal is to lock it down to this application using single app mode. In the future this may change as they may require the use of other applications.  I understand what you are saying, the application needs to be installed before going into single app mode. The one thing that I'm not understanding is why it works after the device is erased and re-setup without making any changes to the setting or profile that were pushed to the device originally?

Thank you again for your help with this.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Do you want to give the user the device and have them perhaps go through DEP... if so there could be a work around.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels