Forgotten Icloud Password

SOLVED
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Forgotten Icloud Password

Hey folks,

I have a Managed ipad mini, that was setup before i took over the SM, they allowed a generic icloud account set up on the ipad , the password is nowhere to be found .

Is there anyway to wipe this ipad mini of the icloud account, i have tried erase device on SM , but it brings me back to using the  icloud account ,, resetting the pw only send a email to the icloud acct that no one has the PW to 

any help is much appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RCaldicott
Getting noticed

Apple will remove the authentication from the device if you can supply a proof of ownership.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Haydn
Getting noticed

Unfortunately not. We have had this issue a number of times in the past and was a reason we changed our policy to MDM and apple ID's with a business email address.

@Haydn , so im back on this Icloud acct project again , I've went though apple to provide ownership so all good on that front for this original ipad i posted about 

My question is You said you use MDM ( I am assuming meraki )  and apple ID's with business emails  

is a Apple ID the same as a Icloud acct ?  because i have another Ipad i have to provide ownership of,  because we cant gain access to the Icloud acct attached to this IPAD 

RCaldicott
Getting noticed

Apple will remove the authentication from the device if you can supply a proof of ownership.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels