Feature Request - Separate Auto-Install from Auto-Uninstall

Diane
Getting noticed

Feature Request - Separate Auto-Install from Auto-Uninstall

I understand the logic behind this option however we have the App Store removed for our students. Instead, we have hundreds of approved apps in the App Management console for them to choose from a la carte.  There are only a few apps that we would like to have auto-install on our devices such as Meraki (obviously) and the state testing apps but we'd always want any app to uninstall if it was removed from the devices in scope. Is there any hope of this setting being split into two?

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.44.09 AM.png

I've been keeping the VPP auto-management set to auto revoke but I'm not sure that actually works (especially on free apps) if we're using device-assignment as opposed to user-assignment.

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.09.38 AM.png

Maybe I'm missing something?  (That's always a possibility!)

5 REPLIES 5
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@Diane

I set some of my apps to auto-install/auto-uninstall. I have tested it and if a user removes the Meraki MDM app and it updates in Dashboard, the app auto-installs. 

Under the VPP section, I have it set like this and it may be your issue!Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 9.21.26 AM.png

Jared 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Diane
Getting noticed

I don't have a problem with granting and removing licenses but we only auto-install a few apps. However I want ALL apps to auto-uninstall if they're removed from scope. I've had some free ones that don't seem to be doing that. I have the VPP set for it which seems to have helped but it seems like it would be more logical to have that option split.  Actually having the VPP and the Apps dashboard merged would really be amazing and I've heard rumors but we'll see. 

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I am assuming they are scoped to the Meraki MDM app? The apps should not re-install if the user removes them.

Diane
Getting noticed

They don't reinstall if the user removes them (except the ones I have marked for auto-install.) The problem is that some of the free apps are not uninstalling when they're removed from scope.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@Diane I will have to give this a test. I don’t really unscope apps a lot so this is not an issue I would notice.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels