Feature Request: Installed Configuration Profiles Security Policy

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Feature Request: Installed Configuration Profiles Security Policy

Similar to the app blacklist, it would be handy to search for an installed configuration profile.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jared_f! Where/how would you want to search for this? 

sshort
Building a reputation

@Melissa It would be nice to see this on the Client list. A quick implementation could be adding a column to sort by (a column for each profile).

A longer term revamp could be adding "smart" filters on the Client list page that we could save as a favorite/common search. A filter to show all Macs/clients with a specific tag/profile/etc.

I try to consolidate multiple profiles with as few tags as possible, so typing "tag:mac_example_profile" in the search field will bring up the results but it might be broader than what I want.

Really, the ability to save frequent searches would be a nice addition to the client list. So I want to save something like "profile:example_profile" so that I can jump into that saved filter in the future.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Hi Melissa,

In the security policies, a checkbox that contains "Configuration Profile Blacklist" and then you could type in names or do a wildcard match. We have to allow users to install configuration profiles because the conference rooms have Apple TVs on there own subnet and they connect to the room wireless. 

Not that employees are smart enough to install VPNs with profiles, but it would be possible. My apps blacklist would not pick it up, not notifying me and I would probably never notice. Just a handy thing in the Security Policy toolbox.

Jared

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@jared_f @sshort Thank you for explaining!! That's interesting - I'll definitely put in the request on my end.

Have you both submitted this through the "Make a Wish" box? 

sshort
Building a reputation

just did! thanks

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

The only reason VPNs are a concern for us and such a big deal is because all traffic runs through sonic wall at HQ. Adding another VPN connection is a big security concern. It has never been a problem with computers, but I guess iPads are much easier to install VPNs. In addition, security policies are great for this because they trigger both an email configuration and a restriction profile to restrict.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels