[Feature Request] Global variables support

beks88
A model citizen

[Feature Request] Global variables support

There are some profile settings that would profit from a global variables support.

For example the VPN settings. It would be a good user experience if we could add '$Owner username' in the Account, so the user needs only to enter his password when authenticating.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-27 um 15.57.18.png

Already made a wish 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

These variables work in some other places as well.  Not sure in your case.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Variables_in_Custom_Apple_Profiles_with_Sy... 

I know them already, but it would be great to use the same variables on different profile settings like they already work for the Lockscreen settings

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-27 um 23.01.26.png

VictorM
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@beks88 Thanks, this is great feedback, and something we've had on our minds.

Would you mind elaborating on any other profiles where you'd get usage out of the variables?

For anyone else interested in using these variables in other settings profiles, I'd love to hear how/where you'd most value having access to them.

beks88
A model citizen

@VictorM just clicked through some profile settings, seems like it got forgotten on the VPN settings to give the admins the ability to set it to Owner username/email (like it's possible per dropdown on the Exchange profile settings) 🙂

beks88
A model citizen

Actually, I now need this to work on Web-Clips aswell.

Any progress @VictorM?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels