Factory Reset Prevention android problem

Nougrirane
New here

Factory Reset Prevention android problem

Hi 

One of my users has Factory Restored his android tab from the bootloader, and i've deleted it from meraki mobility management clients list. 

Now i'm trying to restore the tab with the same user (or another one) wihtout success.

Android 7.0

Tab has enrolled first by afw#meraki option (has befor only a android for work profile, no personal profile)

Is there a way to bypass this ? 

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't understand.  Restore from what?  Or do you mean re-enrol it back into Systems Manager?

Hi,

Thanks for your message, I'mean re-enroll the machine with another user.

MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

You'll have to provide some more information for us to help you out. What are you trying to achieve? 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
stevelarsen
Comes here often

If you're using G Suite, you may want to consider company owned Android devices and preventing factory reset abilities. Or you can enable an admin that is required to login after a factory reset.Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 09.56.40.png

Ricardo_Bagnoli
Comes here often

Hi,

Did you manage to figure out how to re-enroll the andorid device in the Meraki Console?

Cheers,

Ricardo 

JoshH
Getting noticed

You will need to re-enroll using the afw#meraki option enter the new users credentials when you enroll?

I have been locked out by factory reset protection before but was unable to unlock it using the previous users personal Google account. Apparently since more recent systems manager versions factory reset protection has been disabled. https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/Disable-factory-reset-protection/m-p/11...

Do you get the factory reset protection screen when you boot and try to set up the device? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels