FYI - Add new DEP Server error "failed to parse service token", "DEP token cannot be empty"

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

FYI - Add new DEP Server error "failed to parse service token", "DEP token cannot be empty"

RE - Meraki Case: (05001569)

I thought I would share a recent issue I had. This may help anyone else who comes across this error in the future.

This is part of the process: Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)

On the Organisation-> MDM ("../manage/organization/pcc") page, the "public key cert" is unique per page visit. When you click "Add new" you will then be given access to download this.

After downloading the (*.pem) token, you MUST NOT change page, refresh or delete an old server prior to uploading this to Apple and then uploading the Service Token (*.p7m file) from Apple to the page.

If you did change page or refresh this will mean you can create a new Apple MDM Server, but it will then fail when uploading it back to Meraki with the error "DEP token cannot be empty" | "failed to parse service token".

This error should ideally say "Please download a new public cert key and create a new Apple MDM Server. Please do not leave or refresh this page prior to uploading the Apple MDM Server Token.".
---

Example of the error:

Error.PNG

Thank you,

Peter James

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PeterJames  Thanks for sharing this, I am sure it will help someone out in the future!

ajw003
New here

It helped me. Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels