Expired Root Certificate - meraki-ca-bundle

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Expired Root Certificate - meraki-ca-bundle

have been playing with using Systems Manager to deploy a certificate for EAP-TLS for 802.1x authenticating in a Meraki Switch network under Windows.

I notice it puts a meraki-ca-bundle file in the directory with a certificate that expired in 2010 ...

Screenshot from 2018-03-29 02-25-19.png

4 REPLIES 4
AdamS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Philp, I'm reaching out to the SM PM team to see if they can shed some light on this. I'll let you know what I find out.
Adam Slater
Content Engineering Manager
Product Enablement
ChrisFarker
Conversationalist

@AdamS wrote:
Philp, I'm reaching out to the SM PM team to see if they can shed some light on this. I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi Adam,

Any feedback regarding the issue with certificate?

I open the case a couple weeks ago regarding an issue with the client that was unable to enroll and I suspected this certificate may be the culprit but support closed my case out as a client computer issue.

Now that I formatted the machine and it still is unable to enroll (argh!!) I'm back to scratching my head and still suspect an SSL issue.

The PM I justed pinged mentioned it looks like an old version of the SM Client. Can you confirm you downloaded the version from the portal instead of using an existing copy of the agent? Can confirm which version the agent reports it running? Does this happen on multiple Windows systems? Are you seeing the same expired Cert in the directory Philip sees it in?
Adam Slater
Content Engineering Manager
Product Enablement
ChrisFarker
Conversationalist

I was having an issue on a Mac however I downloaded a fresh copy of the installer a moment ago and it still has the old certificate.

Capture.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels