Enrollment Redirect URL

beks88
A model citizen

Enrollment Redirect URL

Hi all,

is there a more deeper docu to this topic? The Apple docs from the provided URL (see screenshot) are very rare.

Is there a docu from Meraki? An example would be great. My understanding of this feature is, that we as Organisation do just a "styling".

How do we link the DEP token to the url?

Aren't the DEP token and certificate coming from Meraki?

How to combine this url with the different authentication methods already activated in Meraki?

Anyone already at work on this or you just ignore this, for me, awesome feature :D?

Link to Apple docs 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-13 um 14.58.46.png

6 Replies 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmmm I have had a quick look around the Meraki documentation and could not find anything explaining this feautre either. You might want to contact support and see if they can provide any information. 

Will wait a bit, maybe someone from Team Meraki replies on this 🙂

Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hey Beks88, we don't have a guide for this feature beyond what Apple provides. My understanding (which could be wrong) is that Apple is assuming that users of this feature will have web developers who know how to build an authentication web interface based on the information they have provided. 

@Noah_Salzman

Your understanding may be right, but I‘m still missing how to combine/fetch the DEP token and certificate since these are coming from Meraki, aren‘t they?

I‘ve added the Apple docs link to my OP for the sale of simplicity

Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hey Beks88,

When you create the DEP profile in Meraki, including the Enrollment Redirect URL, that profile is delivered to Apple's DEP cloud. So, no, at the moment when an Apple device is fetching it's config it is fetching it from Apple (but retrieving information that was effectively uploaded by a Meraki Admin in the course of she/he configuring DEP in the first place).

--Noah--

OK, but what is meant with this point

• Use the certificates in the AnchorCerts property of the Profile to pin the host to the certificates.

I apologize if I shall go to Apple with my questions, just trying to understand this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels