Educational Profile ASM import problem

JanNovak
Comes here often

Educational Profile ASM import problem

I have a problem with import students and groups into Education Configuration.

All students and groups are defined in ASM and imported to Meraki System Manager.

After check "Use ASM" (see screenshot) all group are loaded, but without users and user names (only hex ids?).

It is impossible to save configuration, nor changes in group.

This error mesage ocures:

There were errors in saving this configuration:

• One or more errors occurred. No changes have been saved.
  • EDU test - You must configure at least one group. Be sure to sync ASM groups before saving this page.

What is wrong? Is it a bug?

Thank you

PS: Manual configuration without "Use ASM" checkbox works fine without problems. But double definition hundreds of students to all classes will be silly.

ASM importASM import

4 REPLIES 4
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@JanNovak Mine looks the same but when I look at owners it shows the correct names. 

What do you see when you look at owners? 

All changes in groups need to be made in ASM to import into Meraki, you cannot change groups within Meraki if you are importing the groups from ASM.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Yes I know, I try change only one editable field "Description" in "Edit group" and click save, nothing happen.

Imported users from ASM in owners section looks fine.

meraki_users.JPG

I have also one theory, because managed Apple ID's are defined without appleid. prefix in domain (simple school email) and it could couse something?

Thank you

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

You may want to check the DEP settings then. If you aren't adding a prefix to your users when you create Apple IDs you want to make sure you aren't stripping anything off of them.

Capture.PNG

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

It is also OK, Managed Apple IDs was created without prefix and "Strip prefix" is not checked.

Výstřižek.JPG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels