Does each Android device need it's own "Android Enterprise Owner"?

Android914
Here to help

Does each Android device need it's own "Android Enterprise Owner"?

Hi,

We are enrolling these devices with "Device Owner" mode. On some devices, we are getting the yellow warning symbol for "Install AFW Account". We tap on that option, and it says "Successfully enqueued request", but the Android Enterprise Owner never gets applied to the device.

We are unable to install Play Store apps because of this. Does each device enrolled need to have a unique "Android Enterprise Owner"? It seems as though each time we enroll a device, a new "Android Enterprise Owner" is created..

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 2.53.20 PM.png

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Android914

7 REPLIES 7
Android914
Here to help

After tapping on "Install AFW Account"..we are getting this notification from Play Services. After we click on the notification, we get a message that says "You were signed out of your Google Account. Sign in again to continue."

20180926_152648.jpg

Sometimes when I have seen this all you need to is wait and come back to it later.

Other times you need to update the device first, then reset it and try and enrol it.

@PhilipDAth wrote:
Sometimes when I have seen this all you need to is wait and come back to it later.

Other times you need to update the device first, then reset it and try and enrol it.

When you say "update the device"..does that mean a system update? Or all apps updated from the Play Store?

I mean a System Update.

Alright...but these devices already have the latest system update from Verizon. There hasn't been a system update for them for months.

Device: ASUS Zenpad Z10

Model: P00I

Version: Android 7.0

Security Patch Level: 1/1/2018

best way i found to fix the "yellow triangle" (missing owner)

is to go to meraki wb, locate teh device, and assing an owner from them

we have a genering afwxxxx@gmail.com that we user for this effect.

best way i found to fix the "yellow triangle" (missing owner)

is to go to meraki wb, locate teh device, and assing an owner from them

we have a genering afwxxxx@gmail.com that we user for this effect.

asigning new user from the web, uses to fix the AFW account in the device

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels