Display Asset Tag or Device Name on Lock Screen

MinterneJS
Conversationalist

Display Asset Tag or Device Name on Lock Screen

Migrating from a competitor MDM solution.  Previously I was able to display the device name/asset tag on the lock screen of our iPads.  Is this an option in the Systems Manager MDM? I can't find it anywhere...

Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not to the best of my knowledge.
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

We are struggling with the same exact issue. You could go into Apple Configurator and create custom assets tags for each of your devices and upload/scope them out. I have been bugging Meraki to bring in variable support so I could use the lock screen message payload with some variables and allow them to autofill based on the device record.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Yeah, it's a real pain as we us in class and have to place a sticker on each iPad to identify them easily.  The lockscreen text is allowed with Lightspeed MDM so it should really be a feature in Meraki as it's available to other providers.  I'm migrating one of our schools over to Meraki as a test.  It's not the end of the world but just a pain that the feature set isn't similar.

Yes this is a must for ease of management. Even if Meraki doesn't support customizing lock screen information within itself, the ability to upload a profile with these variables that Meraki should support is a great plan B.

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

To all who would like to see this feature - please please submit it on the "Make a Wish" section at the bottom of dashboard! 

We really use that data to help drive development decisions 🙂

For anyone (like me) who read this to find out how to do it, there's a new payload available in the profile section named "Lock Screen" and you can use variable.

Start type with "$" and it will list you all available variable you can set.

^^^^^^  He is right !!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels