Disable Wifi

Solved
CherylA
Here to help

Disable Wifi

We have some iOS devices that we will be using to take card payments, and would like to disable wifi connectivity on those phones in order to restrict them to using only the cellular network.  Is that possible in Meraki SM, and if so, where would I look for those settings?

1 Accepted Solution
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @CherylA

While I'm not certain that there is an option to disable wifi, I believe you could Enforce Wifi Whitelisting which allows devices only to connect to networks that are setup within a configuration profile. Then setup bogus SSID credentials (something random enough that it shouldn't be used). Keep in mind that this is a restriction for Supervised iOS devices on 10.3 and above. 

This would be setup under Systems Manager > Settings > Restrictions > iOS Restrictions (supervised)

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @CherylA

While I'm not certain that there is an option to disable wifi, I believe you could Enforce Wifi Whitelisting which allows devices only to connect to networks that are setup within a configuration profile. Then setup bogus SSID credentials (something random enough that it shouldn't be used). Keep in mind that this is a restriction for Supervised iOS devices on 10.3 and above. 

This would be setup under Systems Manager > Settings > Restrictions > iOS Restrictions (supervised)

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels