Different Apps on iPads with the same profile

FEI
New here

Different Apps on iPads with the same profile

I've got two iPads on the same profile, both are enrolled via DEP and supervised. When I set one up, it matched my profile setting exactly, including my home screen layout. Then I did the second one and it came with Keynote, Home, and a bunch of apps that: 1. Are not available to blacklist; 2. Are not present on the other iPad despite them being on the exact same profile? 

And now, I've also removed an App from the MDM app list, and yet it still remains on the devices after syncing and restarting them. 

Are setting that I'm missing, or are these app issues known glitches?

2 Replies 2
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@FEI Are these iPads on the same software and re they the same model? From my understanding, Apple is now including Home, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, Etc. standard on all devices. I do believe Pages, Numbers, and Keynote do require an Apple ID to be downloaded on the device. 

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Yes they are the exactly the same models, set up on the same day. But I think you are right, that this has to do with Apple ID. The only difference I can think of is I signed one in to AppleID during setup (the on with Keynote) and signed the other one in after set up. I am now using VPP to skip Apple ID entirely. Hopefully this solves it. 

Also, any idea why an app would remain on the device, even after removing it from my MDM setting?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels