Device Location

SOLVED
Niels
Conversationalist

Device Location

Since a few days my devices aren't showing the appropriate location anymore... All of these devices are only sending location via IP. 

Anybody else with the same behavior? Looks like this is happening since the last update of the SM. 

Device settings haven't been changed and they still use high accuracy to provide the location. 

Schermafbeelding 2019-03-22 om 15.51.21.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would open a support ticket for that one.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

You can go to General Tab and lock location via WAN IP. Option should be in the MDM network
"System Manager" = General tab

generalroutes.PNG

Enthusiast
Niels
Conversationalist

@kYutobi 

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of this option but this doesn't fix my problem. 

I don't want to set a location via an IP. The problem is that all my devices are only signing in on to locations in my country. The devices are only using the IP method to determine the location. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would open a support ticket for that one.

Niels
Conversationalist

@PhilipDAth 

Just like the other tickets where i'm awaiting an answer. I'm just going to be honest ... 

The more I use the SM in combination with android, the more I think this will never ever work like it has to work ... 

Since I have been using the SM, I always had problems. 

I just want to inform you that there is another case with the status "pending action". Suddenly I was no longer in the possibility to add apps via the SM because the SM search engine is only looking for apps from the German Google Play store ... 

Never changed a country setting... Already waiting for 4 weeks now ... 

I'm really losing my patience 

Niels
Conversationalist

Update

Devices running on SM app version 5.2.2 aren't showing correct location. 

Devices running on SM app version 4.X.X show the proper location. 

It's definetely a bug from their side ...

Hi @Niels,

did you manage to get the issue solved? I have exactly same problem and Meraki Support is not able to solve it. They confirmed it, but saying that Engineering Team does not have any ETA on it. It's been already 6 months since this issue started...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels