Deploy books into iBooks using System Manager

LJ
Just browsing

Deploy books into iBooks using System Manager

I am looking at deploying iBooks to a youth center that has iPads deployed using DEP and they have a VPP account already setup. What I want to do is purchase free classics like Winnie the Pooh, etc. and push them and PDF's into iBooks using Meraki SM. I do not know if this is even possible as I have not found any where in SM that I can do this or if Apple even allows it. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have not seen any features that can do this.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Given the amount of "information" Amazon pushes my way, I think I'd try and find an appropriate person at Amazon or Alphabet/Google. Dimly I recall an issue with the Shepherd illustrations.
Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
CJ_Ramsey
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey LJ, are you currently using Managed Apple ID's in this scenario? The iBooks purchase is going to be tied to an Apple ID, not necessarily a device, so we would not push out iBook content using Systems Manager; we could leverage Systems Manager to deploy the application to the devices, but not down to the actual content within the application. 

If you are using Managed Apple ID's, you do have the ability to assign content to said ID's. Please reference the article below from Apple:

https://images.apple.com/education/docs/overview_of_managed_appleid.pdf

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

We have also run into this roadblock. Luckily we had someone that was capable of coding and created us a "Self Service" portal. Users go there to get apps, books, profiles, etc. Anything that gets installed on the device becomes managed.

I can not think of a workaround for VPP books, but have you tried adding PDF and iBook files into the Meraki MDM app using a "Backpack" configuration profile? Works for some of our needs.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels